Setting up your organization
Once you’ve accepted the email invite to join Paperless Parts, there are a few things you can do to get your organization set up.
Build your team
Let’s start in the Team page. To access this page:
- Click on your name in the top right corner to open the Account menu.
- Select Team.
Here, you can add or remove team members and edit user profiles. Let’s start by adding a team member.
- Click Add team member to create a new user profile.
- Build out your teammate’s profile.
- The only required field here is Email, but we recommend you add more. Your team member will also be able to add or edit all of this information on their own (other than email) once they accept their invitation to the platform.
- Assign their permissions. These will establish what abilities each user has and what information they can access in Paperless.
- To learn more about what each permission entails, check out our detailed User Permissions documentation.
- Once you’re ready to add them to the team, click Invite. This will send an invitation to the user’s email.
Once you’ve invited all of your team members to Paperless, you can edit an existing profile (including your own) by clicking the pencil icon to the right of a profile. Remove users from Paperless by clicking the trash can icon.
Verify your email address
After you create your Paperless Parts account, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Finish connecting your email to Paperless Parts." All you need to do is click the link at the bottom of the email and your email address will be verified.
To confirm that your or a teammate's account has been verified, check the associated profile in the Team page.
Fill out your shop’s Company Settings
To fill out your shop’s company settings, navigate to the Settings page.
- Click your name in the top right corner of your screen to open the Account menu.
- Select Settings.
This will take you to the User profile section, where you can set up personal information like your name and password as well as turn on Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for added security.
Click Company settings to proceed to the next section. Here, you’ll need to confirm your Company Name and add a facility.
Adding a facility is a critical step as your facility’s logo, name, and address will all be visible on quotes you send to customers. Note that your account is required to have at least one facility set up to send quotes from Paperless Parts.
To set up a facility:
- Click Add new facility.
- Add a logo file. This is the logo that will be present on any quotes you send to customers from Paperless.
- Add a facility name and address.
- Click Save.
If you need to adjust these values after saving, click the two arrows next to a facility to open the Facility Information window.
Note: Users with multiple facilities will need to assign a default facility. To do so, scroll to the bottom of the Facility Information window and click Set as default. (This is an Enterprise-level feature.)