The Smart RFQ form
Table of contents
What is the Smart RFQ Form?
The Smart RFQ form is a simple, secure form that your buyers can use to request quotes from your shop. Once you have the form installed on your website, buyers can request a quote by clicking a link, securely uploading files, and filling out some standard request information.
Unlike other RFQ forms, requests that come through your Smart RFQ will automatically draft a quote in your Paperless Parts account as well as send an email acknowledgment to both you and the requesting party.
How do I set it up?
The Smart RFQ is an HTML iFrame that you or your IT team can install on your website. Note that you’ll need administrative access to your website in order to install this form, as well as a unique Smart RFQ key (generated by our team).
Reach out to our support team to request the form code or get help with the installation process. If your website is hosted by WordPress or Wix, we have specific setup instructions for those platforms here:
To set up your Smart RFQ:
- Log into your website/domain editor.
- Navigate to the page you would like your Smart RFQ to live on.
- Add the HTML code for the Smart RFQ to the page.
- It will look something like this:
- Create a success page.
- We recommend directing your buyers to a success page once they have submitted their request. Many shops create something like this:
- To customize which fields are shown on the form, adjust your Smart RFQ settings.
Now that the form is installed, you’re ready to start receiving RFQs! If you want to facilitate a test before sharing the form with your customers, reach out to our support team or your primary contact at Paperless Parts.
Why should I use it?
By directing buyers to submit RFQs through the Smart RFQ form, m any shops reduce data entry enough to save 10-15+ minutes per quote in “admin work”. Having all RFQs draft a quote in Paperless also eliminates the risk of quotes getting lost in an email inbox.
The Smart RFQ form mirrors the seamless digital experience modern buyers are craving, and we often see many shops drive new work through it with simple marketing strategies (like posting on LinkedIn). Additionally, the form is ITAR compliant and all files are uploaded directly to Amazon GovCloud Servers, making it more secure than simply sending files via email.
Tips and tricks:
- Drive traffic by marketing your Smart RFQ page to new and existing customers.
- Put the link to the form in your email signature.
- Post the link on social media and include it in email marketing campaigns to win new opportunities.
- Start leveraging the form with some of your most frequent buyers.
- Make the form easy to see for visitors to your website. Post a “Get a Quote” button right on the banner area of your website to make sure nobody misses it.