Track and visualize the status of your quotes in progress, and indicate a completion status on all quote items and subassembly components to increase visibility across your shop’s floor.
The Workflows tile provides users with a high-level overview of what work is left to be done on outstanding quotes. Check the status of your quotes against upcoming due dates to prioritize work most effectively.
- Not Started: All line items require attention
- In Progress (%): One or more line items is in progress, percentage is dictated by the number of completed vs outstanding items
- Complete: All line items have been finalized
- On Hold: Work has been paused
- No Quote: Still visible on the digital quote, but the option to select and checkout this item will not be available.
Visualize the progress of the quote from the RFQ received stage to completion, and quickly navigate to line items and assembly components that need attention. This will allow for greater visibility when working on many quotes, or collaborating with many estimators.
To utilize the Workflows tool most effectively, be sure to update the status of line items as your team is working quotes. Line items will default to a status of “Not Started”, and can be updated to “On Hold”, “In Progress”, and “Completed” respectively.
In turn, the Status/Completion Percentage will be reflected back to the Workflows Tile.
How do I bulk update the workflow status of multiple quote items?
Once you've made your selections, click on the Actions drop-down and choose "Update workflow status". This will open a window where you can select a new status.
Click "Update Workflow Status" to confirm your choice and apply it to all selected quote items.
You can confirm that the update was successful either by opening the quote items and checking their status manually or reviewing the status circle for each item in the navigation bar.
How do I bulk update the status of multiple assembly components?
This workflow is similar to bulk updating multiple quote items, but should be performed within the item while looking at the assembly structure in the "Flat BOM" view.
Select the components you would like to update and click the Actions dropdown in the top right corner. Select "Update workflow status" to change the status across multiple components.
Don’t want to utilize Workflows?
Upon finalizing the quote, you will be able to ignore warnings for incomplete quote items.
Note. This feature is included in the Enterprise plan. Optional add-on for other plans. Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you are interested in this feature.
Manage and add custom workflow steps by navigating to the Configure page, or clicking here when logged in! Each step will have the same drop-down options as the Status workflow tile (in progress, on hold, complete, N/A). Begin by adding new steps, then edit the workflow steps that allow you re-order the steps and add/remove what is needed for you and your team.
Updating a workflow step:
Clicking on the workflow step under Available Workflow Steps, or clicking on the trashcan will allow you to make updates to the step. There will be a pop up that will ask the following question:
Persist changes to existing quote items?
- If selected, all existing quote items with this step will remain with the same status, but will now have this new name.
- If not selected, all existing quote items with this step will keep their current status and will now also have this step. The pre-existing statuses will not show up on your dashboard.
- Note. Deleting a workflow step must have this checked. The step will still exist on quotes that have already been finalized.
- The copy/revision of the finalized quote will not have the deleted workflow step(s).
The Status in progress percentages are based on the number of line items complete divided by the total number of line items that apply. Or in other words it is dictated by the number of completed vs outstanding items for each custom workflow step.
Note. For single line items quotes, the In Progress status will always be 0% since there are no other line items.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/feedback.