What's New in Paperless Parts - February 21, 2021
Here’s what’s new in Paperless Parts v16.4.0
- Track who made changes in the pricing summary
- Support for versioned Creo files
- Automatic BCC for sending quotes and invoices
- Specify customer RFQ number on quotes
- Payment terms on digital quote
- Specify an account as a customer or a vendor
- Bulk acknowledge warnings when finalizing a quote
Track who made changes in the price summary
Just as you can see who made a change to an operation variable or cell price, you can now see who made a change to the pricing summary table for quote items and assembly components. All editable fields like yield, overhead, markup, unit price, and lead time will now track who made the changes and when those changes were made.
Support for versioned Creo files
You can now upload a versioned Creo part and get full viewing and analysis capabilities.
Automatic BCC for sending quotes and invoices
In your account email notification settings you can now specify a default BCC recipient for sending quotes and sending invoices.
Specify customer RFQ Number for a quote
You can now specify a customer supplied RFQ number on your quotes. You will be able to see this quote number when adding parts to quotes from the part library.
This RFQ number field can be added to the RFQ form on your website by checking the box in your settings. This field is not included by default.
Payment terms on digital quote and quote pdf
The account payment terms are now specified on the digital quote in the details section. These terms are also seen in the pdf version of the quote.
Accounts type: Customer or Vendor
You can now specify the type of an account, either as a customer or a vendor. By default, all existing accounts have been set to the customer type. When adding a contact to a quote, only contacts associated with accounts of type “customer” will be searchable. When adding contacts to external shares, you can select contacts from either account type. This will allow you to add all of the accounts you do business with, including your material and outside service vendors, without cluttering the interface when adding contacts to quotes.
Acknowledge all warnings when sending a quote
You can now acknowledge all shipping, lead time, and price warnings when sending a quote. For quotes with dozens of line items, this will save many clicks.
- The salesperson’s name now appears on the invoice. If no salesperson is provided, it will default to the estimators name. If no estimator is specified, it will default to the user that sent the quote.
- Geometric interrogation performance and reliability.
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes.