Will my customers see Paperless Parts on the quotes I send?
- Paperless Parts will be invisible to your customers. We leverage a custom site that includes your company name and logo on every quote you send. Remember this is your software and we are your software team!
Most software companies take forever to respond to questions how fast are you guys?
- When you become a partner you are paired with a customer success manager that will be as accessible if he/she is right down the hall in your office! They can help with training, profile questions, sending quotes, processing orders and much more!
I already have an ERP system, why do I need to use Paperless Parts?
- Paperless is unique by offering a digitally forward cover to your company. Though your ERP system is a great internal tool that we integrate with, outside of their main focus they tend to plateau quicky and this is where we step in. By offering your company things like online checkout, customer & order analytics, and a fully digital quoting platform, you can stand out from the crowd of shops that are late to utilize modern technology.
How do you retain my data?
- Files are stored in Amazon's ITAR-compliant "GovCloud" data center on the west coast of the US using end-to-end encryption. Files uploaded to a quote can be accessed only by the supplier and a small number of support personnel at Paperless Parts, all of whom are US persons. Files cannot be downloaded via the digital quote link emailed to a customer, although limited information about those parts, including basic dimensions a 3D view of that file, are available.
Can I upload ITAR Data to Paperless?
- Our application can be used for ITAR parts after you have shared your DDTC registration with us and executed our ITAR agreement. Once we register your company as an ITAR supplier in our system, every time you upload a part you will have the option to mark that part as "export-controlled". The 3D viewer and basic dimensional information are not shown on the digital quote for export controlled parts. Contact Support@paperlessparts.com to set up ITAR DDTC registration.
Is Paperless Parts NIST compliant?
- Paperless Parts understands information security is mission-critical for American manufacturers, and we have built our company with ITAR in mind from the beginning. We host our application on Amazon GovCloud and have an organizational structure in place to ensure all system administrators are US Persons. With DFARS now mandating NIST SP800-171, we are working toward full compliance with all 110 controls. We have completed an assessment and have instituted a formal System Security Plan (SSP) and Plan of Action and Milestones (PoAM). Manufacturers are trusting us with their data, and we believe we can be a core part of their compliance programs, particularly with respect to access control, secure storage, and secure transmission of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
How do I know I am not getting scammed?
- We strongly encourage you to reach out and ask for any documents you feel are necessary for us to prove we are here to help you grow as a shop owner! Also check us out online or places like: Linkedin, Capterra, Google and Glassdoor. Please see our testimonials page - https://www.paperlessparts.com/testimonials/
I don’t think Cloud-based is for me?
- We completely understand this feeling given all that is going on today about customer information and hackers. The thing is, we also recognize the need to meet buyers where they expect to find suppliers. This presents a big challenge, which is why we have taken extreme measures to ensure that our platform is fully secure on Amazon’s ITAR-compliant GovCloud and backed by a highly skilled team of software engineers that have worked in the web security sector for 10+ years.
How do I get paid?
- If the order is placed with a credit card we deposit digitally to your bank within 7 business days from the time you ship the parts. The funds will be available to you based on your banks discretion.
- If placed by purchase order your current process does not change and Paperless will send an invoice every month and charge the credit card saved in our platform (if you are on the transaction based model)
How do I add Tax Rate to a Company Profile
The following answer is not legal or tax advice -
- Once tax is enabled for company it is important to “Apply to all Employees” in the bottom left of the edit modal in the company page or the customer profile will default to the current value which in this case was 0%.
- If an engineer is the buyer and is working on prototypes then the parts might need to be taxed because they are not going into an end-use device that will get taxed when sold. Whereas on the other hand if a buyer at the same company is purchasing parts to be included in a product that will be sold, those parts might not need to be taxed.
Why does a customer show up on our Login - never saw this before - does he have access to our database?
No they do not, this is your browser's auto-fill. Here are instructions on how to remove that login from your browser:
If you want to just delete specific autofill entries:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Settings.
- Click “Show advanced settings” and find the “Passwords and forms” section.
- Select Manage Autofill settings.
- In the dialog that appears, select the entry you’d like to delete from the list. Click the “x” that appears at the end of the row.
- That should remove the user form that auto-fill list.